martes, 24 de enero de 2012

The Persistence of memory



Salvador Dali was one of the best painters ever. But i must recognize it: surrealistic style was never one of my favourites, until i saw this picture. I like other styles too, but, in my opinion, this is my 1st place in my painting ranking.


First of all, it makes me remember my dreams. Always them are strange, in very weird places, and changes one after another very fast, so sometimes, I cannot remember what I dream. Besides, this piece of art shows how rare the tiem and its perception could be. For example, in one of my vacations, the car that i was in, covers 20 kilometers in almost 20 minutes. But i feel it as one minute!. At other time, i was sleeping in a house on Navidad, 6th Region of Chile. I start to sleep in Saturday, and I wake in Monday. Well, I think that it was Monday. So time, like Einstein said, is relative, and this picture remebers me that.


In the other hand, I don't like to go to museums or art galleries. So, I saw this picture for the first time, In a magazine! It was "Muy Interesante", a very good one, and talking about the time (philosophical and physically), and the industry behind it, and when I saw this picture, i get surprised to see it there.


In summary, Dali could catch many topics of time in this picture, and that is the main reason that I like it. Dali is a genius because he could express many human feeling in only one painting.


See you later

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Seguidores