lunes, 19 de diciembre de 2011

Playa Chigualoco, My Favourite Beach

Is located in kilometer 247 of Route 5 (also known as "Carretera Panamericana" in Chile), in the Fourth Region of Coquimbo, where the highway almost reaches the beach. It's a lonely one, there lives less than 10 people. And is a large one too.

These are the reasons that i like it. Besides, it's no so popular, that means you have all the beach by yourself. It is a challenging beach. The waves are not so big, but comes one after another very quickly, so you never must be quiet there. There are many ocean currents too, very short and fast, so you can easily end in a place that you never imagine. As if that weren't enough, the soil is very uneven.

In fact, i went to that beach only once in my life (2011 summer). But it's more than enough to make it my favorite beach. Because you can do anything there. I improvise, for example, bodyboarding. I know there are many other places much better than Chigualoco to do this, but, like i'm an amateur in that, i like to enjoy any beach with my body board. Swim is an obvious thing that i do too, but, as I said above, I must be fast because the waves cross each other. At that time, i went there with my parents and the same cousin of ever (What, He again?????)

It is simple to get there. If you start to travel from Santiago, you must get to Route 5 (there are many ways to arrive there, but if you come from FAU, take "Alameda", until you get to Manuel Rodriguez street, that leads to the route), and travel to kilometer 247 going to north. It will take you like 3 hours 30 minutes or 4 hours to get there, but always take more time, because in kilometer 204, you will see a large filling station, that has a great but expensive shop, that works as the halfway point if you travel to La Serena.

Thta's my favourite beach, i hope that you like to read about it. See you later.

2 comentarios:

  1. it's beautiful for there. I remember and I think that I have been there ever, but I can't remeber, well anyway must be great there.

    regards mauro! see you in the class!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I like the name of that beach jajajaj!

    See you mabro!

    ResponderEliminar

Seguidores