martes, 5 de abril de 2011

27F Earthquake

I think that i have bad luck in that day, because i was in holidays, in La Serena (the earthquake was 5 Richter degrees there) from February 16th to 25th, and i arrived Santiago 26th, One Day before the Earthquake!!!!!. So all in my house was messy. Suddenly, in the dawn of 27F, at 3:30 i woke up, i don't remember why. When the earthquake began at 3:34 am, i think that it was a normal movement, because it starts slow, as a typical earthquake in Snatiago. But i was wrong, and my parents call me to run with them to stay togheter. My house, althought it's made of wood, moves from one side to another. I must recognize that i was frightened, taking in account that it was my first esarthquake. Those three minutes was so long, that i forgot everything, except my family. Then, we cross the street, and we went to my grandmother's house. She was with two of my cousins, and she fell down in the earthquake, so my older cousin (he has 17 years old) must take her and my little cousin (he has only 11 years old). Luckily, the two houses didn't be destroyed by the earthquake, only little things like crocery were very damaged. Then, all of us stayed in my grandmother's house (sorry, i have forgotten my granfather, he was there with us too), and we had to wait that water service and electric service comeback 2 days after earthquake. This experience marked my life and everyone of my generation, i really don't wanna live it again, because it's stressful, and causes many pain, specially to the people of 6th, 7th and 8th region of Chile, the most affected by this 8.8 Richter degree.

1 comentario:

  1. Mauro,

    Interesting, make sure to keep verbs in the past when narrating.

    ALWAYS write "I" with capital letter

    I think that i HAD bad luck (in) that day
    I was ON holidays,
    I arrived Santiago ON 26th,
    earthquake began at 3:34 am,I THOUGHT...
    because it STARTED SLOWLY,
    my parents CALLED me..
    my house MOVED ...
    Those three minutes WERE
    we CROSSED the street..
    My cousin HAD TO (must never in the past)
    The two houses WEREN'T DESTROYED...
    services CAME BACK
    causes MUCH pain...

    Thanks,

    JC

    ResponderEliminar

Seguidores